#12: Continuous integration, delivery and deployment
by Tomasz Nurkiewicz
Typically, more than one developer is working on the same codebase. How do they share their work? The simplest approach is a common Dropbox folder. This has several drawbacks, mainly we risk breaking other’s work with our half-done features. So we come up with version control systems. There we only commit code when all changes are done.
- Velocity 09: John Allspaw and Paul Hammond: 10+ Deploys Per Day: Dev and Ops Cooperation at Flickr
- Continuous integration on Wikipedia
- Continuous delivery on Wikipedia
- Continuous deployment on Wikipedia
- Togglz: Feature Flags for the Java platform
- 18 - Continuous Delivery & efficient workflows on The Effective Developer podcast
Be the first to listen to new episodes!
To get exclusive content:
- Unedited, longer content
- More extra materials to learn
- Your user voice ideas are prioritized